Monday, April 16, 2012

Welcome


Light. It is a character in itself -- beautiful, audible, and multifaceted. The atmosphere of a shot or a scene speaks many things, and can change its nature from one of hospitality... to one of hostility. How a shot is lit can mean the difference between life and death, victory and defeat, arrogance and humility, comfort and fear, hope and despair, and many other possible outcomes.

In this blog, I will analyze shots from various animated films, paying close attention to how they are lit, why they are lit the way they are, and additional choices the artists made to draw the eyes of the audience to those shots. Occasionally, I will also break down character expressions, story development, and animation, closely observing what makes them work so well.

I welcome all of you to this blog, and I hope that you will enjoy the shots as much as I enjoy analyzing them! A very pleasant day to you all.

Note: All of the shots used are copyright their respective owners. They do not belong to me.

-- "Mitch"

-------------

Image is copyright Blue Sky Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment